Want to give your hair that celebrity treatment without breaking the bank?
Well, look no further. Below are 3 basic treatments you can do at home with ingredients you probably already have laying around. These masks are easy to make and easy to wash off...so no banana bits stuck in your hair that's for sure!
#1 Protein for the Locks
If you've heard of egg hair masks, this one will not be a stranger to you. However, this substitute works even better since its protein binds easier to the hair, especially the damaged areas, making it a perfect treatment for those with damaged, dyed hair.
We're talking about Gelatin. Not the sweetened stuff, but the plain sachets or sheets you use for your baking. Here's what you'll need:
1) Mix the gelatin with the water and dissolve it properly;
2) Add the vinegar to the mixture and let it cool in the fridge;
4) Once cool, apply it to your hair in sections making sure all the strands are coated (your hair will be stiff so reduce combing to the bare minimum);
5) Leave the mask for 15 mins and rinse till it's completely off.
6) Apply your usual deep conditioner (Don't skip this since protein generally leaves the hair hard).
#2 Power of Moisture
Hair a bit on the dry side? Too frizzy? This blend of naturally moisturising ingredients will help your hair regain that moisture and say goodbye to dryland. Here are the ingredients:
Blend all ingredients together and apply it to your hair, focusing on the ends. Let it sit for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. Rinse and style as usual.
#3 Revive the scalp
The recipe below will help those with dry itchy scalp. It contains only TWO ingredients known for their antifungal properties and their ability to promote a healthy scalp. The ingredients are:
1) Warm the mixture a little bit in the microwave or using a hot bowl of water.
2) Apply it to your scalp and massage it gently.
3) Let it in or 30 minutes and wash your hair as usual.
This also serves as a great pre-poo if you apply both to the scalp and the hair strands.
That's it! Stress-free and effective. Just how we like it.
*Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment.*